Lisa's Reviews > Death Comes to Pemberley

Mar 03, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: adultfiction-womenwriters, squeaky-clean-fiction
Read in March, 2012

Well, for a mystery...it's not bad; but for an Austen tribute novel, eh?? How can the author set the book at Pemberly, use characters from "Pride and Prejudice" and NOT have a strong female main character? I don't understand it; there wasn't even a central character in the whole novel.

The author writes well, no doubt about it; but what did Elizabeth and Jane really feel during this novel? Who knows they were in the background somewhere taking care of their children.

While I love that the male characters of Darcy, Wickham and Colonel Fitzwilliam all get more of an depth look into their characters...I'm still not sure who the story was about.

9/14/14 update; just heard this is a PBS BBC miniseries that is actually better than the book. I'll give it a chance and report back.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death Comes to Pemberley.

05/16/2016 marked as: read

Kate I'm listening to this now and these men are driving me crazy!! Finally got to the last disc and Elizabeth was mentioned and I was like.....oh yeah, I forgot she was in this book.