Jill 's Reviews > To Kill a Mockingbird

bookshelves: work-book-club, 2010, books-i-own
Read from April 29 to May 21, 2010

Quotes Jill Liked

Harper Lee
“Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing.”

Harper Lee
“I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.
- Atticus Finch”

Harper Lee
“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.”

Harper Lee
“When a child asks you something, answer him, for goodness sake. But don't make a production of it. Children are children, but they can spot an evasion faster than adults, and evasion simply muddles 'em.”

Harper Lee
“Courage is not a man with a gun in his hand. It's knowing you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do.”

04/29/2010 page 46
05/07/2010 page 144
42.86% "This one will be on hold for the next week. It's not going on vacation with me."
show 6 hidden updates…