Diana Leigh's Reviews > Safeword Matte

Safeword Matte by Candace Blevins

Mar 05, 12

Read on March 03, 2012

My Rating: 4½ stars

I've been eagerly anticipating this book since reading SAFEWORD: RAINBOW last year (best predicament bondage scene, ever!). When it comes to S&M love stories, Candace Blevins knows her stuff. Her latest SAFEWORD: MATTE hits *all* the right buttons for my inner masochist. It gives a positive portrayal of a safe, sane and consensual S&M relationship. Yes, there are "loving sadists," and the book's hero, Ethan, is a swoon-worthy example.

I really liked Sam's complex character. When it comes to love and sex, she's in a bit of a dilemma. Sam's a tough and well-respected divorce attorney in Chattanooga, a champion martial arts fighter, and a sexual submissive. The men she dates from her dojo just don't do it for her. It's a turn off for her to be able to take her man down. It's also risky to be open about her kinks, because it might hurt her in her professional life. What's a submissive and discrete masochist to do?

Enter Ethan Levi. A six-and-a-half-foot heavyweight cage fighter. And a sadist dom. Sam decides to bend her "no fighters" rule, because after talking with him, she can't deny that they have compatible kinks. Communication about expectations and safe words is key. The chemistry between them is fierce. Ethan knows how to give her what she needs while challenging her submission.

SAFEWORD: MATTE is a well-written story with strong characters, and the BDSM scenes are off-the-charts hot. I would recommend this book to BDSM romance fans who appreciate heavier S&M.

Favorite Quote:

"I'm claiming you tonight, Samantha. I want it to hurt; I want you to know you belong to me as much as I belong to you. Most of all I want you to know I've earned the title of the man who owns you."

Seriously, how hot is that? ;-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Safeword Matte.