Wafiyah's Reviews > Vampire Knight, Vol. 15

Vampire Knight, Vol. 15 by Matsuri Hino

Mar 04, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, romance, vampires-etc, horrible-romance, terrible-protagonist, manga
Read on March 03, 2012

I swear this volume had some potential. I keep misjudging myself--everytime I pick up a volume of Vampire Knight, I get the feeling that I'll most certainly understand what's going on. It turns out that I'm wrong. It's not like this for other mangas, like Special A, which was the time of manga that tells you a lot even though you've read even less books than this series. But every time I take out a book of VK, it seemed like nothing made sense to me. I can't understand what's going on with the plot. Basically, the only plot I found was the business with Sarah-san or whatever her name is, and the whole blood tablet thing. I don't know what Yuuki is doing with her romantic life. It seems like she'd bite Kaname, or vice versa, and then he'd make some stupid decision in which he'd leave, but before he'd leave he'd ask her if she still thought of him as a brother. What the hell? I thought true love meant that you love the person no matter what they think of you?

And Zero as well. It's like every time they'd meet, there's a silence and both of them look kind of eager to speak to each other. But then there's this really, really dramatic relapse and everyone's wondering whether the two will yell at each other, slap each other, bite from the other's neck, or just kiss and make up. I mean, they were friends forever, weren't they? Zero should forgive Yuuki for being a pure-blood or whatever, shouldn't he? Yeah, she's a freaking vampire, but what does that change, other than her drinking blood and being under captive living with Kaname? Why doesn't anyone understand this concept called friendship ?

So there you have it. My short but annoyed thoughts. I was confused, in short. I'm not hating on this manga, 'cause I think it's one of the best ones out there, and it has a lot of potential, and that the artist has a lot of talent in her drawing skills, but she's got to make her characters less delicate vague and make them do cool stuff. And provide a wider explanation for what's going on. And honestly, if you're gonna write a romance, please don't leave us hanging for like, fifteen volumes before you get to the point. It's one or the other. Make the damn choice.

2.4 stars.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Knight, Vol. 15.