tarawrawr's Reviews > Valkyrie Rising

Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid  Paulson

Oct 09, 12

bookshelves: 2012debut, challenge-dac2012, released-wishlist
Read on July 12, 2012

Review originally posted on my blog http://hobbitsies.net/2012/10/valkyri...

Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson is an awesome debut full of awesome Norse mythology, kickass females, and swoon-worthy guys.

While a few parts of Valkyrie Rising did seem to drag a bit, for the most part I read Valkyrie Rising in one sitting. It was action-packed and I was sucked in to the story. The stakes just kept getting higher and higher in Valkyrie Rising and I was definitely rooting for Ellie to kick everyone's ass.

I know next to nothing about Norse mythology and I loved what information Ingrid Paulson gave us in Valkyrie Rising. She worked a lot of the mythology into the story without it seeing like sort of an info dump and more just a natural part of Ellie's tale. Even though I'd never heard of Valkyries, I was still able to follow everything.

And, okay, I am SUCH a sucker for the brother's best friend romance. It makes me giddy and I absolutely loved the way it was done in Valkyrie Rising. There was quite a bit of swooning.

There were several twists throughout Valkyrie Rising - some I expected and some I definitely didn't.

Basically, if you're looking for an action-packed book featuring a kickass protagonist, a swoony romance, and mythology you probably don't know too much about, check out Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson for sure!
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Valkyrie Rising.

Addie R. You just made me even more excited to read this!
This has pretty much everything I want in a book:))

message 2: by Tara (new)

Tara Chevrestt Sounds interesting. I know nothing about Norway except that my grandfather was a stowaway on a ship from there. LOL I may read this.