Carien's Reviews > Incarnate

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

Mar 26, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, ya

This was a nice and cute read with a bit of suspense and drama.

I really liked the idea of a world full of people who constantly reincarnate and are aware of this. It raises questions on how you would live your life in such a case and I was happy to see that Meadows used this in how the other characters react to Ana. It made for some interesting reading.

The suspense part of the story was intriguing although some events could have used a bit more working up to. I like it when you do not see certain things coming even though when they happen you discover there were clues along the way all along. In this book they were either absent or blaringly obvious.

I really liked Sam, he was a breath of fresh air after all the brooding, misunderstood youngsters you usually encounter in Young Adult fiction. Meadows did a good job of mixing his history of many lives already lived with the liveliness of a young man just past his teens. It made Sam a surprisingly likeable and balanced character.

All in all this is a pleasant read with some food for thought and I might give the second book a try once it's released.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Incarnate.