Cathy Allen's Reviews > The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom

The Four Agreements by Miguel Ruiz

Feb 09, 13

bookshelves: personal-development
Read in February, 2013

I have two copies of this one in my house now - the one I bought and read five years ago and the one a coach I recently hired gave me. It was great to read it again... and then to go back and compare the two copies to see the difference between what I was picking up on (highlighting) back then and what I picked up on this time. I recommend that exercise to anyone who has not read this is a while.

Don Miguel Ruiz is tapped into something pretty special, and I have no doubt of the Truth of his words. He's right when he says The Four Agreements are easy to understand but difficult to live. Even though I have grown a great deal in the five years since I read this the first time, I still feel like I am perpetually climbing uphill, never sure if there is a summit. Don Miguel says if we do our best each day to live The Four Agreements, we will be living at the summit no matter where our life's journey takes us. I like that... and I believe it. Now I just have to do it!

Short, lyrical, and richly layered, The Four Agreements is a must read for all Seekers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Four Agreements.