Deanne's Reviews > Rivers of London

Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch

Apr 23, 12

bookshelves: paranormal
Read from April 22 to 23, 2012, read count: 1

Love the wit and sarcasm. Peter going up against a criminal with his extendable baton and his limited magical skills. The mix of paranormal, magic and history of the place and people is interesting and keeps the story ticking along. Started reading the next as the first chapter was at the end of the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rivers of London.

04/22/2012 page 172
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue I just looked this up at the library to request it. Turns out it has a different title in the states, Midnight Riot. I've just downloaded it to my Kindle Fire. I really don't have the time for it but I have so much heavy reading, this will be my lighter fare. I'm glad you reminded me of it.

Deanne Enjoying the sarcasm and dry humour, which means I've put the next two books on my TBR list.

message 3: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue We don't have the 3rd one here yet I don't think. I'm going to have to keep an eye out. Isn't the humor fun. I love the sarcasm too. And the wit. I love things that depend on witty language.

Deanne Not yet out here either but Whispers Underground is due out in May, we'll see.

message 5: by Sue (last edited Apr 23, 2012 08:30AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Good to know. I'll definitely be reading it.

I just checked the library. One of the libraries in my systems has in on order so I've placed a request.

Deanne Good thinking, off to put in a request at my library of choice.

message 7: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue :)

Shomeret I really liked Midnight Riot.

message 9: by Sue (last edited Apr 25, 2012 05:47AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue That's my favorite of the 2 so far. I really wish they had kept the original name. I prefer it, particularly with all the "river Gods" involved. I plan to continue reading this series. I enjoy the sassiness of it and, of course, the paranormal part is always a plus for me.

Deanne In the UK it's only known as Rivers of London. Prefer book 1 to book 2 too.

message 11: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue "Great minds" and all that! Well it's always nice to have another series to look forward to (as if I don't have enough to read!)