BoekenTrol's Reviews > De boekendief

De boekendief by Markus Zusak

Apr 03, 2010

bookshelves: dutch_language, bookcrossing, historical_fiction_or_non_fiction, war
Recommended to BoekenTrol by: PaperAeroplane
Read from March 30 to April 02, 2010 — I own a copy , read count: once
BCID: 7383452

This book is just a plain and simple WOW! I started reading it, as a kind of 'in between all others that need to be read', but I didn't expect it to be this good, this catching, this moving.

After the first chapter, when I got used to an 'all knowing story teller' and when I got into the story, I simply could not put the book down again. It was like in my early teenage years, when I even walked down the stairs reading a book. It was so hard to part with it!

The reason why I gave the book 4 starts, instead of 5 is a matter of personal taste. I do not like it very much when people jump forward while telling a story. In a book it is no different: I don't like clues of any kind about what will be next. And this story teller regularly lifted a piece of the veil. For me that partly spoils the fun, ruins the feling of built up tension about what is coming next.
But, as I said, that is a matter of personal taste and it does not influence the story in a bad way, just my reading proces.

A good read, I loved it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read De boekendief.

04/01/2010 page 366
65.59% "Started and couldn't stop anymore... Very nice: gives higher amount of reading hours in the March readathon :-)"
show 1 hidden update…