Emilija's Reviews > Pandora's Key

Mar 06, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-reads, favorites, 2012-favourites
Read from March 03 to 05, 2012

5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pandora's Key.

03/03/2012 page 2
0.66% "*cue the biggest fangirl scream ever* Oh my God, I can't even... I can't... I can't... I CAN'T! *hyperventilating* THAT WAS THE BEST PROLOGUE EVER. I MEAN THE BESTEST OF THE BESTEST (I know that's not a word) PROLOGUES EVER WRITTEN. I AM SO HOOKED. " 11 comments
03/03/2012 page 44
14.47% "Oh mi God. I can't form solid sentences WTF?! NANCY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?!?!?! I don't like this overload of awesome!!! TOO MUCH!!! CAN'T. TAKE. IT. HJFGVYFDUSOGFHUDAKVGFHAOGUFDOAGFUDOSGFH"
03/04/2012 page 60
19.74% "Malledy, Malledy, Malledy... I want to cry for you. I do."
03/04/2012 page 78
25.66% "Things are finally picking up pace."
03/04/2012 page 92
30.26% "Damn, Malledy. DAMN. Did not expect this from you, and yet I did. I. HATE. CONTRADICTORY. FEELINGS. DAMN YOU NANCY!" 2 comments
03/05/2012 page 106
34.87% "THIS IS SO FUCKING SAD. WHY DO I FEEL LIKE CRYING FOR ETERNITY? WHY ARE MY EYES WET? WHY IS EVERYTHING SO BLURRY? WHY CAN'T I SEE?!!!!"
03/05/2012 page 122
40.13% "Wow, wow, wow. Slow down there, what the hell did just happen?"
03/05/2012 page 156
51.32% "YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME!!!! WHAT SECRETS?!?!? WHAT SECRETS?!?!?! I NEED TO KNOW THOSE SECRETS!!!!!!"
03/05/2012 page 170
55.92% "OHMYGODOHMYGODOGMYGOD!!! But... She' can't! And this- But why? And why? And... oooooh..."
03/05/2012 page 198
65.13% "HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT!! I'M CRYING! I'M CRYING!!! I'M FUCKING CRYING!!! WHY DID THIS HAPPEN?!?!? NONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!! " 5 comments
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Emilija (last edited Mar 03, 2012 02:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emilija So, Kelly. I've read my first 5 chapters so, if you hadn't - don't click on the spoiler tag. :)

(view spoiler)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Um. No hating for this, okay? I kind of have to back out of our read-along. There's some shit going on right now that is going to have to come before reading for a while. *sigh* I'm sorry. I suck.

Emilija No worries Kelly!!! That is absolutely fine. :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

At least itdoesn't stop you reading the awesomeness that I predict to be this book.

I REQUIRE MANY STATUS UPDATES OF HOW AMAZING YOU ARE FINDING THIS BOOK.

Emilija Ok, I will flood your news feed with my statuses. XD

MizzSandie I will read this book (soonish, but it might be a while, thesis and all.) But i will. Your cutiest rant convinced me:)

Emilija ^^ Never had a person tell me that, 'cutiest rant'.

MizzSandie Emilija wrote: "^^ Never had a person tell me that, 'cutiest rant'."

Now you have ;)

Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) I think we all know how you stumbled across that Requiem for a Dream song...

description

And your status updates amuse me. Such passion and emotion!!! Hahahahahahaha. I've never felt this strongly about anything, never mind a book.
Madam, I salute you for your awesome emotional drive.
;)

message 10: by Emilija (last edited Mar 07, 2012 12:54PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emilija Thank you Mel.
And actually, I saw a trapeze performance with that song and only then did I find out about Jared's connection to it. :D

Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) Yeeeeeeeah, okaaaay then....

*doesnt believe*

Emilija, you're among friends here! You dont have to downplay your (view spoiler) obsession with this beautiful man. Unless it has a stalker vibe to it, in which case you should pretend he doesnt exist so nobody becomes suspicious when he is kidnapped.

Emilija Hahahaha!!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh my God, that hurts my stomach! XD

message 13: by Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) (last edited Mar 07, 2012 01:03PM) (new) - added it

Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) ;)

I see you evaded the question, my dear...

*knowing look*

message 14: by Emilija (last edited Mar 07, 2012 01:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emilija What knowing look? You don't know anything, Mel. You can't know. You can't.

MizzSandie I'm sorry, I am not into this book at all (page 28 of 165 so far) and you just LOVED it with a passion? but WHYYY? Maybe we just dont like the same types of books. If it wasnt for your review i would have stopped right here... but... i am going to continue on reading just because i want to know what you are talking about and see if this book can get a shock or a reaction out of me...

Emilija I just liked it. I did. It was the very sad things that I didn't see coming at all. Especially at the end.

MizzSandie Emilija wrote: "I just liked it. I did. It was the very sad things that I didn't see coming at all. Especially at the end."

and that is why i will continue reading it, just because it is now a mystery to me, why you found this book so good :)

Emilija YAY! I think even if you do not like it at all, it deserves to be read until the very end just so that you could see all of it come together and make sense. :)

MizzSandie Emilija wrote: "YAY! I think even if you do not like it at all, it deserves to be read until the very end just so that you could see all of it come together and make sense. :)"

yeah well the author did send me a coupon for it, and well, I thought that was a nice gesture. maybe she will be regretting that decision, later, because Im not sure she will like what I have to say about it. but hey, it's just my opinion right? you loved it, so other people will too.

and i just like to finish what i start. if it is not making me crazy and so far i am just slightly annoyed, not crazy state :)

Emilija What you've said about Malledy in your statuses is very true, but I just couldn't pay attention to it because I was focused on other things waaaaaaay more.

MizzSandie Oh, so you do find the whole wonderkid thing a little too convenient too? but it just didnt bother you? I think thats the thing with books and why we dont always like the same ones, that, different things are important to us or stand out as good or bad, and so we evaluate them differently :)

Emilija Yeah, exactly! I mean, I just think that because those Greek Gods exist and that because Pandora's box is real, maybe there is a possibility for someone to be that smart. I don't know how his brain works, I don't know the behind-the-scenes of the cult that they belong to because I wasn't told how they work, maybe they have their ways of educating people because... honestly I like education. I like learning and I find stuff relatively easy, but it's the school environment that gets me down personally. Maybe if I was taught in a fucking castle like he was, maybe I'd be that smart too. Wow, that was a big rant. XD

MizzSandie I really have trouble seeing where all the mysteries come in? So far, every thing 'hinted' at is completely obvious? I have yet to be surprised :)

Emilija You know, I hurt that you don't like this book as much as I do. But oh well, not everyone is going to love it. I'm ok with that.

MizzSandie Emilija wrote: "You know, I hurt that you don't like this book as much as I do. But oh well, not everyone is going to love it. I'm ok with that."

I know how that goes, when you love something you want everybody else to love it to, cant understand if they dont. But, just because we agree on so many things, doesnt mean we agree on all, right? :) I can live with us having a difference of opinion on this matter, can you? :)

Emilija Of course I can! If I can live with Mel not liking Night School then I can live with you not liking this. :)