Kate's Reviews > Build A Man

Build A Man by Talli Roland

Apr 30, 12

Read from April 17 to 19, 2012

I got this eBook when it was available as a free download from Amazon, I had read good things about it and wanted to try it for myself.

The first couple of pages had me laughing out loud so I knew then that I was going to enjoy it and while there were lots of laughs in the story there was also a more serious side.

I really liked Serenity, she was a fun character and I pictured her as the kind of person who lights up the room. I love the fact that she is chasing her dreams, although some of her methods I wasn’t too sure about! Her distaste and nicknames for most of the clients at the cosmetic surgery clinic she works at repeatedly made me chuckle, I’m pretty sure I’d be the same if I worked somewhere like that – I could relate to that side of her.

Right from the start I felt that Serenity and Peter were unsuited, I couldn’t believe that she would be happy with someone so orderly and in control. As I read on I realised that their relationship was probably one of convenience and I had my fingers crossed hoping she would realise this for herself. Jeremy was sweet and actually quite lovable – he wasn’t afraid to be honest and I really liked that.

One of the main events in the story is when Jeremy is about to have his first ‘under the knife’ surgery and I found myself yelling “don’t do it” at my Kindle app. I felt that this was a turning point for Serenity because she had been so focussed on getting her dream job in the tabloid world that she had kind of lost her mind a bit.

This is a funny story that I really enjoyed reading, I am looking forward to following Serenity’s story further in book 2, Construct a Couple.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Build A Man.