Kasia's Reviews > Innocence

Innocence by Penelope Fitzgerald

F_50x66
Aug 06, 08

Read in August, 2008

Mama knows best! My mother's been on Ms. Fitzgerald for a while now and I had yet to jump on the bandwagon...until last night. I should have known - her choices are always golden! She reads incessently and with taste. I always thought she should eventually do a PhD in English Literature or perhaps pull a Fitzgerald and start her writing career at the age of 60.
Anyways, she's the only one whose recommendations actually I take to heart.
I think she got her love of books from my grandfather. He never finished High School, but has always been an avid reader and is able to discern a quality read when he randomly comes across one. He has horrible eyesight now, at the age of 93, and can only read large print books. He sifts through thrillers and New York Times bestsellers and the like to stumble upon gems like MFK Fischer and Alice Munro.
About two weeks ago he was talking to my mother about the great little book he was currently reading - "a book, not really a novel, but a string of stories, by this woman...ummm...Alice something or other...Alice Munro. Jini do you know Alice Munro?"
He knows a good book when he reads one. And he was the person that introduced my entire family to the lovely books of MFK Fischer. He's a surprising man, that grandfather of mine.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Innocence.