Angevon's Reviews > Reamde

Reamde by Neal Stephenson

Mar 02, 12

bookshelves: read-2012, reviewed

I really wanted a certain character to 'get' the bad guy in the end, and lo and behold, this character actually did! So I was very satisfied with how it turned out.

At over 1,100 pages, this book is a long haul read, but the characters are all engaging and the back-stories for them all are usually interesting if not 100% pertinent. I was starting to get burned out at the 400 page mark, and I was glad I continued because it really began to pick up after that. There were many times when I thought to myself "Wow, it seems like the story is finally coming to a head!" but then I noticed I still had half the book to read. So, yeah, prepare yourself for a long read.

When you're finally engaged in the story, you'll find it hard to stop reading. If you like action, international crime, thrillers, anti-terrorism, and wouldn't mind a glimpse into the makings and world of a fictional MMORPG, then this book is for you.

P.S. it's really funny in a very unreal way if you imagine the character Sokolov as the scientist Sokolov in Metal Gear Solid 3.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reamde.