Bubbles Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions 's Reviews > Tempting the Beast

Mar 11, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: m-f, t-s-t-l, didnt-finish
Read on March 11, 2012

I made it to 30% before giving up. this book is too gross for me. the frothing, creamy, honey, "cunt" juices were just too much for me since the plot/characters were also boring me into a coma.

Yes I'm gay so that might influence my opinion a little:

The boring guy in this book:

My reaction:

Dumb Females reaction:

dumb mc unable to take an obvious invitation:

This is what a barbed penis looks like:
[image error]

You want that shredding your insides? how is this book at all hot? to anyone?

My reaction reading most of this:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempting the Beast.

03/11/2012
11.0% ""Her cunt was slick and creamy, her panties damp, too damned damp to suit her." slick and creamy!?!? I can't help but think of her as a cow with dripping utters with all this cream. *Gags and vomits *" 38 comments
03/11/2012
13.0% "This is just from hearing his voice: "any minute now her juices would be running from her cunt right down her leg." my eyes are bleeding" 7 comments
03/11/2012
13.0% ""if her vagina clenched any tighter she would strangle his cock when it finally got inside her. What the hell was wrong with her?" I'd like to know that too, there is something wrong with this bitches cooter" 4 comments
03/11/2012
29.0% "They are both coated in her "female honey" her vagina has also leaked frothy cream. Her womb spasms. Other juices froth from that cunt. Her cunt so wet it's prepared for an animal. She soaked her shorts. And he mentions smelling her cooter a lot. So sounds like her "cunt" has rabies" 9 comments

message 1: by Yoshi (new)

Yoshi OMG... what are you reading?? Did you give up mm rom?

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Mm hasn't been very good lately IMO so I have been reading a lot of mf. This book however was more of a dare mixed with a "I'll read it if you read it"

It's not good so far lol

message 3: by Yoshi (new)

Yoshi I am afraid that you will puke from the beginning till the end of the book. Almost all of Lora Leigh's book are like these.....
well..... the last couple of mm books I read were all meh. This one made me laugh, you can see my review.
Bareback Boys, Volume 1 (The Bareback Boys Club for Men. #1) by John Lucke

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Laughing is good. And yes this book has been gross

message 5: by Kim (new)

Kim Alan Dude, you're reading Lora Leigh on purpose??? And the words 'mating frenzy' are right there in the blurb! 'Course, it being LL, you'll no doubt get some anal action, anyway. Liberally lubed by her own juices, no doubt, but still.

*snort* I think I'm hilarious.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions It's so gross. Never read the word cunt so much before

message 7: by Kim (new)

Kim Alan OMG, really??? I thought you were exaggerating. I haven't read m/f in a couple years and haven't read LL in even more. I will read really raunchy M/M, but even in my hay-days of M/F I chose to avoid the authors that used the word 'cunt' in 'romance.' Gross.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Yes cunt all over in this book. He calls it "her pretty little cunt" she's all god that sounds sexy

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Cunt used 39 times in book

message 10: by Kim (new)

Kim Alan Ew.. and LOL

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions I know

message 12: by Susan65 (new)

Susan65 I have never read any Lora Leigh...now i am too scared.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions omg this is a review in progress but its going to be... wait for it... epic

MsMiz (Tina) I am sorry - if frothy anything is coming from a woman's vagina, she needs a doctor STAT!!!

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions by 30% three different liquids were frothing out of that vagina

message 16: by Susan65 (new)

Susan65 That just sounds so nasty

message 17: by Kim (new)

Kim Alan womb spasms? *shudder* I've had 3 babies and have yet to feel the need to use the word 'womb.' And that's pretty much the only time it applies to anything. At all. snort ... and I'm fairly certain they can't actually spasm.

message 18: by Danni (new)

Danni Barbed penis...ouch!

message 19: by The UHQ Nasanta (new)

The UHQ Nasanta *cleanses eyes* This is one time I am all for hiding images on reviews from feed.

I'm agreeing with MsMiz(Tina). Where's the doctor?

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Kim Possum wrote: "womb spasms? *shudder* I've had 3 babies and have yet to feel the need to use the word 'womb.' And that's pretty much the only time it applies to anything. At all. snort ... and I'm fairly cert..."

he womb would get hot just hearing his voice and start spasming. it also flooded at one point. that is just with me getting to 30%

message 21: by Lauraadriana (new)

Lauraadriana Told you it was gross. One and only time I read Lora Leigh. The word cunt has no place in a romance novel. EVER.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions cunt and womb used so much...

womb used 18 times
cunt 39
froth/frothy/frothing 4

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Lauraadriana wrote: "The word cunt has no place in a romance novel. EVER."

With one very important exception that I can't believe you are forgetting. Think, Lapushka!

This book sounds traumatic. Need some brain bleach B.?

Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞ idk why u read it...LOL! and ur pics are pretty bad...esp that last one!

message 25: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life My two cents is funny as hell review. And that Lora Leigh is a erotica romance writer. So cunt and dick and such will be used most often.

message 26: by Lauraadriana (last edited Mar 11, 2012 08:48PM) (new)

Lauraadriana Kate wrote: "Lauraadriana wrote: "The word cunt has no place in a romance novel. EVER."

This book sounds traumatic..."

Lapushka FOREVER <3 This book made me want to be illiterate.

Ummm I only read erotica and have run across the word cunt seldomly.

message 27: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life Likely depends where you buy it. I've bought and gotten most of mine from Ellorascave.com and Lora Leigh publishes most of her books through there. And quite a few have slang terms for the body parts there.

message 28: by Nikko (new)

Nikko LOL!!

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions I have read a lot of ellora too, mostly mm but yeah this is the first book I read that used cunt. I'm used to pussy, vagina, man-eater, fish cave, va-jay-jay, sloppy taco, muff, that deep hole, bottomless pit, soul stealer, etc. but not cunt

message 30: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life Hol hell, man eater, fish cave? sloppy taco? soul stealer, bottomless pit? Do those authors just blatantly not like women or something? I think those are far more insulting than cunt.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Fish cave was mine lol

message 32: by Heather C (last edited Mar 11, 2012 11:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Heather C IIRC, dick was never used dick and cock was used 110 times.

Hilarious review, B!

Sharon, I told you it would be funny.

Heather C Bubbles wrote: "Mm hasn't been very good lately IMO so I have been reading a lot of mf. This book however was more of a dare mixed with a "I'll read it if you read it"

It's not good so far lol"

I'm not sure who the winner is here

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions No winner lol

Heather C Bubbles wrote: "No winner lol"

That's fair lol

Heather C Oh and if he was filling her womb....she would also need to see the doctors.

message 37: by Deja (new)

Deja Dei Haha, gross! Hilarious review!

message 38: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life Bubbles wrote: "Fish cave was mine lol

Taco was in a song along with sideways sloppy joe. I think cause that rhymed with camel toe"

Still. One would think the writer of that song was hatched from an egg instead of coming from a vagina.

message 39: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life Heather C wrote: "IIRC, dick was never used dick and cock was used 110 times.

Hilarious review, B!

Sharon, I told you it would be funny."

Haha, dick never used dick, now that is funny too.

message 40: by Blackheart (new)

Blackheart EWWW GROSSS!!!! gonna go read something with only male bits to put those dreadful descriptions out of my head!!!!!!!!!! did i say it was GROSS???

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Dhfan4life wrote: "Bubbles wrote: "Fish cave was mine lol

Still. One would think the writer of that song was hatched ..."

I think it's all about context. For the context of the book it was very gross IMO. The context of the song it was all funny but also no liquids involved

message 42: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life Oh I get the other deacriptors you mentioned were nasty. I have a few Lora Leigh's books but haven't read any cream stuff like that. I just didn't get why such terminology against a part of anatomy that birthed that particular song writer. For that matter birthed us all if there was no c-section. Are there equally bad terms for penises too other than some of the names guys' give them?

message 43: by Edina (new)

Edina Rose Bubbles wrote: "I have read a lot of ellora too, mostly mm but yeah this is the first book I read that used cunt. I'm used to pussy, vagina, man-eater, fish cave, va-jay-jay, sloppy taco, muff, that deep hole, bot..."
Extended vocabulary lol

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Dhfan4life wrote: "Oh I get the other deacriptors you mentioned were nasty. I have a few Lora Leigh's books but haven't read any cream stuff like that. I just didn't get why such terminology against a part of anatomy..."

Read my reviews for Cameron Dane's mm books. She has the grossest terms for buttholes. So it's not just the vagina that's nasty

Heather C But Cameron usually has a plot...well the few I read have had a plot

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions It's true I have liked Cameron's stories but they are gross

Heather C Not hot at all. They make me laugh

Andreina Love your review! I didn't bother finishing the book; it was just a shitty book w/ a crappy story line and even crappier characters.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Yeah I didn't finish either. it really was bad

Holly's pages in pink Hi-larious!!!! Seriously funny review...and worst of all...TRUE!!!!

« previous 1