Jaidis Shaw's Reviews > You Don't Sweat Much for a Fat Girl: Observations on Life from the Shallow End of the Pool

You Don't Sweat Much for a Fat Girl by Celia Rivenbark

Apr 11, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read in March, 2012

I won an Advance Readers' Edition of You Don't Sweat Much for a Fat Girl by Celia Rivenbark through the GoodReads First Reads program. This is the first book that I have read by Celia Rivenbark and honestly it will probably be my last. The book is made up of a collection of essays in which she tells the reader her thoughts on different topics while trying to include some snarky humor.

Being someone who dishes out her fair share of snark and sarcastic comments, I found little of that within this book. Sure there were some parts that brought a smile to my face but nothing to "split my yoga pants" which yes, I am currently wearing. Some of the essays where so scattered on topics that it was difficult to finish reading.

If you don't mind reading books with `slang' terms like `duh-hubby', `bidness', `dawg' and `sistah' that are not part of conversation/dialogue, then you may enjoy reading it. Just because I wouldn't read this book again, doesn't mean others won't find some meaning within its pages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Don't Sweat Much for a Fat Girl.