Katherine's Reviews > Insurgent

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Jun 03, 12

bookshelves: dystopian-post-apocalyptic, science-fiction-science-experiment, dissapointed, shared-pov
Read from May 31 to June 03, 2012

RATING: 3.5 Out Of 5

"insurgent" he says. "Noun. A person who acts in opposition to the established authority, who is not necessarily regarded as belligerent."

"I like it," I say. "Insurgent. It's perfect."

I’m keeping this one short. Honestly this book was nowhere near the awesomeness of book 1. It became pretty clear to me that this book felt rushed and not thought through enough , as alot of the book was either really silly or kinda confusing . But saying that I still quiet enjoyed it, but no way near as much as I did the first. Tris becomes very annoying in this novel and so is the over-complicatedness and of the story.

I'm really hoping the last novel, picks it back up and is as good or better then Divergent (which honestly I seriously doubt but only time will tell).

Please Roth, don't let me down!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insurgent.

Quotes Katherine Liked

Veronica Roth
“Sleep,” he says. “I'll fight the bad dreams off if they come to get you.” “With what?” “My bare hands, obviously.”
Veronica Roth, Insurgent

06/02/2012 page 302

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Yousra To keep It short, I agree this book was nowhere near as awesome as Divergent, but I still enjoyed. What I didn't like a lot was how it got confusing sometimes when Tris and Tobias faught. Some moments felt random and I felt it was over done. Yes I know people fight, but it kind of got too repetitive

Yousra Oh ya at times Tris did kind of bug me. I know she was lying for the better good, but I felt she should have had more trust in Tobias

Katherine mmm i know what you mean. It did get a bit too reperitive at times and I did still enjoy the novel, was just not as good as I was expecting after Divergent was so amazing.

Yousra Yup, I just hope book three is epic!