Michelle's Reviews > Curses

Curses by Jacqueline Paige

Mar 20, 12

bookshelves: blog-tour, kindle, review-on-blog
Read in March, 2012

I read behind this mask from the book, Curses. I really liked that story. I read a little bit of The Ring as well, and it was good too but I liked Behind this Mask a lot more.

I felt so bad for Gracelyn. What a awful curse to have put on you. No one could remember her, even after just talking to her. Even her oldest family and friends could remember her. It must have been awful! I just wanted to someone to really see her. I can't imagine how lonely she must have felt. I will say that once she got to the party, I didn't like how she couldn't tell who "Leo" was. If she saw this man every single day, you would think that a little mask would not completely hide his identity from her. Especially since she knows what it is like to be forgotten.

What I really enjoyed about this short story was that it flowed right along, and yet I never felt like it was rushed. Jacqueline is really great at pacing her story lines. Behind the Mask is engaging and has a happy ending, which is exactly what I was looking for when I picked this book up.

Overall, the writing is good. There are a few little slip ups like, “He crushed her mouth to hers” but nothing too major. I would reccomend this book for people that are looking for a light and short happy read. It has a cute halloween costume party theme and I enjoyed it. This book did not change my world or anything so dramatic but it was a fun read. And sometimes that is just what you are looking for.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Curses.