Carrie Ardoin's Reviews > Auracle

Auracle by Gina Rosati

Aug 07, 12

bookshelves: i-own-this, tour, other-supes, posted-on-blog
Read on August 07, 2012

Anna has a secret only she and her best friend, Rei know about--she can astrally project. She usually uses this gift to travel around the world, but one fateful day she goes out of her body to drop in on a stressful situation her friend was having. When the popular but mean Taylor winds up dead, she also winds up in Anna's body--leaving Anna stuck in the otherworldly plane indefinitely.

It's up to Anna and Rei not only to get her back into her body, but also to prove that their friend is innocent in Taylor's death. Of course, this is difficult to do when you are essentially composed of energy and can't really touch anything. Even worse--Taylor doesn't have any intentions of giving up her second chance at life. Can Anna be saved before she stays stuck in limbo forever?

It's been a while since I read a really great stand-alone novel. This book was one.

Anna's really cool. She's totally average in every way, except for the fact that she can leave her body. She never dresses up or wear makeup, her grades are only so-so, and she doesn't draw attention to herself in any way. Her home life isn't the greatest, so she spends as much time as she can with her neighbor and lifelong best friend, Rei.

Ah, I loved Rei. I know lots of girls go for the broody, mysteriously sexy type in novels, but I'm not one of them. Rei was such a breath of fresh air. He's dependable, caring, and positive. There's something to be said for a sexy guy who not only is kind, but will always be there for you when you need him, no matter what.

It's a shame that it took Anna being shut out of her body to appreciate how truly awesome Rei was. I thought the way their relationship progressed was so sweet. No insta-love, no drama.

I felt the book was nicely paced, even though there weren't a whole lot of action scenes. I was always wondering what was gonna happen next, and the suspense kept me turning the pages. I finished this book in one evening.

The most intriguing thing about Auracle was that even though Taylor was supposed to be the "villain," you really couldn't help but feel for her. Her life was cut short, and the events of her past and the way people treated her were not her fault at all. I almost felt sorry for her...almost.

I truly enjoyed this book and I hope to read much more of Gina's work!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Auracle.