Alanna's Reviews > Shadow Divers

Shadow Divers by Robert Kurson

Oct 01, 08

bookshelves: true-story, book-club, own, history, tracy-borrowed
Recommended to Alanna by: Heather for bookclub
Recommended for: divers and history buffs
Read in September, 2008

This is not a book I would normally have picked to read. It was our book club pick this month. I was surprised that I actually did like it. I found it interesting. I thought it was amazing that these divers would not give up until they had the answers they needed to satisfy their own curiosity and need. They went through so much, put in so much time to research, and faced terrible peril. I dive and have done a 100 foot on a shipwreck but after reading this book I don't think I will do it again.

Since I wrote the above review my husband read the book and thought it was good. He agreed with me that we are done with the deep dives. We learned some things from this book we didn't know before.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Divers.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Della When our Book Club first selected Shadow Divers I was reluctant to read it, because I'm not particularly drawn to this type of book; however, once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. The tenacity and commitment these divers demonstrated to achieve their goal goes beyond that of the average individual and is awe-inspiring. To have that kind of passion is rare indeed. I appreciated the "humanness" the divers expressed for those found on the shipwreck and the respect for and need to put honest closure to those families who up to that point, didn't really know where their loved ones had really perished. I was literally in tears at the end of the book! This book was exciting, informative, and a MUST READ!

Helen Our local library book club also picked it; that is the only reason I read it - I loved it and found I learned a lot about a topic totally foreign to me - very educational and exciting.