Jenelle's Reviews > Hunted

Hunted by Cheryl Rainfield

Mar 11, 12

Read from March 02 to 05, 2012

View original review in my blog: The Midnight Book Thief

The Bad
The romance. This was my only issue in this story. The romance between Caitlyn and Alex felt a bit like insta-love to me. Well, I don't really think it was as extreme as other books I've read, but still felt a bit like it. Their attraction was a tad bit unbelievable at first, but later on, it grew on me, and I began to like their romance together.

The Good
The plot. Aside from the above, I loved everything else. I really liked the book's plot. Hunted was a fast-paced read, with tons of exciting action in it. It didn't have those dull moments a lot of other YA books had, and most of the time, characters had to race against the clock in a matter of life and death.

The Awesome
The concept. Yes, it had the whole super evil government almost all dystopian books have. But aside from that, Hunted had an original concept. Society is divided into two- the Paras, who have supernatural abilities, and the Normals, who are oridnary human beings. Toss in one kick-butt heroine with the evil brother, and everything's complete!

The message. Above everything else, this book sent a great message to everyone. I actually didn't notice it until I read the Author's Note at the end, but then I realized how obvious it was. Hunted tells us to fight for freedom and to never give up hope. Cheryl Rainfeld portrays it in the Para VS Normal fight in the story, but that's what Hunted is ultimately all about, and I loved it.

The Rating
4 stars! I have to admit, I had my doubts at first. I just thought I'd like the book- I never thought I'd actually love it! It was an enjoyable and quick read, because once I started reading, I couldn't put it down! I devoured it in less than 48 hours, maybe less if I had the time!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunted.