Paul Lunger's Reviews > Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk

Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk by Ben Fountain

Mar 06, 12

Read from March 02 to 06, 2012

The copy of this book that I've read is a preview that isn't scheduled to be released until May 2012. The gist of the story is a group of soldiers who have been involved in a major battle in the Iraq War who have been dubbed heroes spend the day at Cowboys Stadium for a football game. We see the story through the eyes of Billy Lynn, a 19 y/o who shows both the signs of maturity & poise of a soldier who has been in the heat of battle. Fountain's story takes a bit of time to get into, but if you keep with it you'll understand why this book potentially could be one we hear from for a while later this year. The characterizations are very real & while the background info is done via flashback you feel the genuine emotion & heart of these brave men who are fighting for our country's freedom in a war that has just now come to an end after almost a decade. Overall a very well done book & one that if you are looking to understand the American solider in today's era that you will enjoy reading over & over again.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk.