Maureen Hoar's Reviews > The Wedding Vow

The Wedding Vow by Jillian Hart

Mar 03, 12

Read from March 02 to 03, 2012

I picked this book up because I thought it would be a nice repreave to the last few books I have read that had a heavy subject matter. I was deceived! I figured a nice easy romance novel to tide me through to the next dark book on my TBR list. This was not what I thought.
This story takes place in England in a time of the Kings, Barons and unrest. Gwyneth was young lady whose birhtright was taken from her by an evil baron who deceived her father. She witnessed the deaths of her parents and servants and was taken away and hidden from certain death. When she grew the king decreed that she marry the son of this evil baron, Geoffrey. She refused and their nuptules anulled. In comes the bastard son of the duke, Bran, to reunite with his dying father and make ammends. On his death bed he gives Bran the baronry and betroths Gwyneth to Bran and they are married straight away. That is where all the fun begins. Bran has to soften and win the heart of Gwyneth, who has been beaten and made to work as a slave outside of the walls of the castle she once lived in with her family. She hates Bran for the evil deeds of his father and vows to fight him every step of the way.
I loved all the twits and turns of this book and really was hoping for happines for Bran and Gwyneth. It was a good read, but I was on the edge of my seat the entire book. So much for a light easy read. If you are a fan of romance, this is a book for you! I loved it!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wedding Vow.

03/02/2012