Peg's Reviews > The Art of Confession: Renewing Yourself Through the Practice of Honesty

The Art of Confession by Paul Wilkes

3619122
Mar 05, 12

Read from March 02 to 04, 2012

The Art of Confession: Renewing Yourself Through the Practice of Honesty by Paul Wilkes. This book was provided to me free-of-charge by GoodReads, FirstReads.

This is a short (133 pages) book that packs a big punch! It gives interesting cultural history of the spiritual practice of confession. There is a lot of information on how to do it and when it's necessary to confess, so this book could end up as a reference book to keep on my bookshelf. It also stresses the benefits of confession no matter if you are religious or not.

There are excerpts throughout the book from a rabbi, a priest, a nun and a psychiatrist. They all stress the importance of being honest, not only to others, but to yourself. Sometimes we all need to forget about something in our past, in other words, to put it behind us; this book will help us to face a renewed future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of Confession.