Danica Page (One Page at a Time)'s Reviews > Perilous Light

Perilous Light by Alyssa Rose Ivy

This is a condensed version of my review of Perilous Light, which I received from the author for review. For my extended review, please click here.

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: After only four pages, I was reminded of why I loved the first novel in this series so much. Alyssa is a master story weaver. Four pages in and I was absolutely captivated by this tale.

I absolutely loved this novel. Out of all the forty novels I’ve read this year, this is the second one to receive a five.

The characters are very well developed. I loved the characters Charlotte, Kevin, and Liam. I still haven’t made up mind about Calvin yet, but I know I loved reading about him. I have to admit that Liam just might be my favorite character. He’s the guy that everybody wished they knew. I’m definitely looking forward to seeing how his character evolves in the next book.

Charlotte is a strong heroine, but also one who has her failings. I loved that she was so strong and yet still plagued with weakness.

I absolutely love the world-building in this novel as well. In fact, her world-building is tied for the best I’ve seen this year.

This is a very well-written fantasy novel that mixes just enough realism, romance, intrigue, and adventure to leave me thoroughly entertained and absolutely captivated by the tale.

Often times, the sequels to novels aren't as good as the first one and seem to lag. This one was amazing and enhanced the tale. Basically, this is one of the view times I've liked the sequel better than the first one. That was also another reason why I loved this book.

I definitely recommend this series to anybody and everybody. Trust me—you want to buy this one.

In Summary: One of the best novels I’ve read this entire year. I absolutely adore Alyssa’s writing style, her characters, her story line, and basically everything about this book. Just read it and you’ll see what I mean.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perilous Light.