Michael Armijo's Reviews > The Nearest Exit

The Nearest Exit by Olen Steinhauer

Jun 01, 12

Read from March 02 to June 01, 2012

If you're in the mood for a good thriller you'll like this one. It get's especially riveting during the last several chapters (as the mole is finally revealed). There were some great lines in this one. I had never read an "Olen Steinhauer" book before. I did see the film THE TOURIST (starring Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie). This book is a sequel to that story. I couldn't help imagining Johnny Depp as the lead character (Milo Weaver) in this one. I'd recommend it to those of you who like suspense and a good getaway to European places of interest.

A few (out of many) of my favorite lines from this book:

It was another rule of Tourism that, when traveling, one should look as much like a businessman as possible, like someone who has come to invest in the host nation, who has money to blow, who has no patience for customs delays and might easily take his gold card elsewhere.

“Believe it. We’re all wandering in the dark.”

Releasing the truth was not difficult. You begin with one truth, and the rest slides through that open hole with little effort.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Nearest Exit.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Brett The movie "The Tourist" has nothing to do with the book. You really should read the book. It's excellent.