Kelly Thielen's Reviews > What I Saw and How I Lied

F 50x66
Apr 17, 13

bookshelves: historical-fiction, high-school
Read in March, 2008

I loved this book. The complicated web of lies is quite something to untangle, and in the end, no one really knows exactly what the truth is at all. Patient readers will enjoy the complicated emotions in this story.

Book Talk Info:

"What a tangled web we weave..." This famous quote fits this book perfectly. When Evie's stepdad returns from WWII, things aren't as perfect as they seem. Evie thinks their trip to Florida is just to be a fun family adventure, but her stepdad Joe is running from something… Joe is keeping a secret and the secret is about to explode when a young soldier who served with Joe comes looking for something - something Joe owes him. When the soldier, handsome Peter Coleridge, starts honing in on Joe's family to get to him, tragedy ensues. In the midst of the tragedy, Evie has to try to uncover the truth, discover what is right and wrong, and decide where her loyalties lie - with her family or the young man she believes she is in love with.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What I Saw and How I Lied.