Sarah Rabbit's Reviews > James Potter and the Curse of the Gatekeeper

James Potter and the Curse of the Gatekeeper by G. Norman Lippert

Mar 27, 12

Recommended to Sarah by: Clorissa Rene' Brown
Read from March 02 to 27, 2012

** spoiler alert ** My overall opinion of this book: brilliant. Just when I thought all was over in the end, it actually wasn't! I feel so happy to be 'lost' in Hogwarts all over again. Lippert breathes life into characters not usually explored, and revisits others in humorous ways (Moaning Myrtle).
I am extremely interested to see if he develops the story of the Grey Lady, especially her death/past, as well as maybe a ghostly relationship between her and Cedric? To think that ghosts could find love after death... that would be rewarding to read! Who knows, maybe he'll even give us a sneak-peak into the Headless Hunt we lost Nearly Headless Nick to in the first book!
Even though she wasn't a central character in this novel, I would happily read anything Lippert has to write about Judith, as well as the relationship between her and Merlin, and Merlin's behavior before falling in love with her, etc.
Lippert has set this series up for a TON of side stories, which I believe he would profit greatly from. I will read anything this man ever puts out. He is extremely talented and deserves to be recognized as such.
42 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read James Potter and the Curse of the Gatekeeper.

03/19/2012
33.0% "I have to admit that very early in this book I wanted to stop reading it. I'm glad I didn't stop, and this book continues to make me curious."
show 1 hidden update…

Mercurial Chemist Seriously I was just as expectant as this I mean we all remember shape and Lilly's story and oh gosh did I love it I wanted to read some merlin and Judith but nothing happens here I hope he writes something in the next book I hear there is Judith there as well.... But to be frank I was quite disappointed with the way the characters were handled?? However,I liked the book no matter what I just can't get enough of Hogwarts... :) and the magic of it all.... I don't think anyone else could have written it better than Lippert I am looking forward to read ruins of camelot...

Sarah Rabbit He does develop the story a lot more in the third. You should check it out if you haven't already! Its wonderful. :)

Sophia Finally, an fairly-written review! I agree with everything :)

Ella This book is good so far, but no Zane?! Honestly?! He was my favorite!

Melinda Agnew Ella, did you finish it? Zane is there.

Lavanya Perfect review stating what I feel. Just that in the beginning, everybody who smiled had a crooked smike. after sometime, that poked my liking limit, but, he didn't continue it, so good... And brilliant story!
How could he think all this? Superb book overall!

arunmozhi adhavan at last what i was looking for a fairly explanative review thanks for this review:)