Soso K's Reviews > Beautiful Creatures

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia

Mar 02, 12

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Creatures.

Quotes Soso Liked

Kami Garcia
“You're so full of crap, you could pass for a toilet.”

Kami Garcia
“Lena's hair was sticking out in about fifteen directions, and her eyes were all small and puffy from crying. So this was what girls looked like in the morning. I had never seen one, not up close.”

Kami Garcia
“Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead”

Kami Garcia
“She's not my girlfriend. We're just friends," I said automatically.
"Shut up. You're so whipped I should buy you a saddle." Which he would've said about any girl I talked to, talked about, or even looked at in the hall.
"She's not. Nothing's happened. We just hang out."
"You're so full of crap, you could pass for a toilet. You like her, Wate. Admit it." Link wasn't big on subtleties, and I don't think he could imagine hanging out with a girl for any reason other than maybe she played lead guitar, except for the obvious ones.”

Kami Garcia
“Are you insinuatin' that my daughter is a liar?"
"Oh, no, not at all. I'm saying your daughter is a liar. Surely you can appreciate the difference.”

Kami Garcia
“I'll drive like my grandma. I'll drive like your grandma."
"You wouldn't say that if you knew my gramma.”

Kami Garcia
“I was losing her, she wouldn’t listen to me, and I was about to fail my third quiz of the semester. Great.
By the way, can you simplify 7x – 2(4x – 6)?
I knew she could. She was already in Trig.
What does that have to do with anything?
Nothing. But I’m failing this quiz.
She sighed.
A Caster girlfriend had some perks.”

Kami Garcia
“If a girl says not to get her a birthday present that means get me a birthday present and make sure it's jewelry.”

Kami Garcia
“You climbed into my window in the middle of the night. So, either you're some kind of Vampire or some kind of Perv. Which is it?”

Kami Garcia
“The library was home away from home to my mom, and my family. We had spent every Sunday afternoon there since I was a little boy, wandering around the stacks, pulling out every book with a picture of a pirate ship, a knight, a soldier, or an astronaut. My mom used to say, "This is my church, Ethan. This is how we keep the Sabbath holy in our family.”

Kami Garcia
“No, I'm too busy trying to deflect your Power of Stupidity. But I don't think I'm strong enough.”

Kami Garcia
“She leaned into my shoulder. "Maybe you don't have to be a Caster to have power."
I pushed her hair behind her ear. "Maybe you just have to fall for one.”

“Nobody the dead man & Nobody the living
Nobody is giving in & Nobody is giving
Nobody hears me but just Nobody cares
Nobody fears me but Nobody just stares
Nobody belongs to me & Nobody remains
No Nobody knows nothing
All that remains are remains”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becca (new) - added it

Becca Hey, I'm on like page 60-something of this book and I'm kind of bored...can you tell me if it gets any better :)

Soso K it is kinda slow (and boringish) (in all the books to be honest) but in my opinion it gets better and liked it

message 3: by Becca (new) - added it

Becca k thanks much :)

Soso K Welcome glad I could help

message 5: by Becca (new) - added it

Becca just out of curiosity, do you know roughly around what page it gets less boring? :)

Soso K sorry no havent read that in a while (but if i had to guess maybe the middle/endish) and the second book kinda just slow but good and the third book was crap till like the last few chapters and then it was like OH MY (SOMETHING) GOD!!!!!!!!!! GAH!!!!!! and it kinda made it worth it in my opinion. :)

message 7: by Becca (new) - added it