Gary's Reviews > 10th Anniversary

10th Anniversary by James Patterson

Mar 02, 2012

liked it
Read from March 02 to 03, 2012

James Patterson, the Louis L'Amour of the mystery/thriller genre, just keeps cranking them out. So much so, that I often visualize a warehouse in the seedy area of downtown filled with gnomes in front of word processors, just clickety-clacking away. My, the man does produce (cha-ching?). He is deft at using the short paragraph, sometimes no longer than a page and a half, to make you believe that you just can't put the book down. Admitedly, I was hooked for a while, zipping through the Alex Cross series, until I realized I was jamming through a complete novel in a single rainy afternoon. One day I finished one of his novels, closed the cover and the price tag was staring me in the face. Hmmmm.

Having said that, I'm still hooked on the Women' Murder Club series. It may be his collaboration with Maxene Paetro, but I really think it's the characters in the series that make it so appealing... as well as the San Francisco setting. This episode opens with Lindsay finally marrying her one time long distance boyfriend, Joe. Patterson weaves his way through two similtaneous, as well as credible plots. Cindy hooks up with Lindsay's partner, and Yuki, the diminutive Asian ADA,struggles but adds another "W" to her resume. As the story closes, we get the inkling that Lindsay and her new husband, Joe are expecting. If this is so, hopefully Lindsay will be a more devoted parent to her child than she is a mistress to Martha, her apartment-bound Border Collie.

Okay, it was another quick, almost mindless, read, but I was entertained and look forward to the next intallment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 10th Anniversary.