Dawn's Reviews > Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf by Tami Hoag

Mar 08, 12

bookshelves: 2012-books, mystery
Read from March 02 to 09, 2012

This is my first Tami Hoag book in the end the book was not terrible but it was just ok.

I think she is a really great writer and I absolutely loved the accent and the descriptions of the bayou which I thought were done extremely well. I will also admit that the mystery was pretty easy to figure out I still like how she presented it in the end my main issue is I just could not get into the characters and it felt like a fight for who has the biggest pity party.

Laurel was interesting but she felt two dimensional, she seemed to be haunted by her past and not much else. I wanted her to get over loosing the case I mean come on get over yourself. She also felt calculating.

I could never get a clear picture of Jack in my mind so this puts the disadvantage for a true love match. I think all the layers were supposed to make him complex but actually made him obnoxious not charming.

(view spoiler)

I have heard fantastic things about this author but I think this is only of her earlier books so I will try something more recent.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cry Wolf.