Tracy's Reviews > Wildflowers from Winter

Wildflowers from Winter by Katie Ganshert

Mar 23, 12

Read from March 02 to 19, 2012

I'll be the first to admit that I've always had a preconceived notion of romance novels - sugary-sweet, formulaic plots, and unbelievable characters. Well, Katie Ganshert's debut novel, Wildflowers from Winter, took all those ideas and threw them right out the window.

I loved this book from start to finish. The characters were not only believable, they felt like people I know in my own life. People who are in real-life situations having to make real-life decisions. And Bethany? What can I say about her? I identified with some of her struggles and was rooting for her from the very beginning.

The romance in the novel was exactly what romance should be in real life - a small spark that burns slowly but steadily. Just as I rooted for Bethany, I rooted for her and Evan to put aside their differences. But just when I thought they would finally see eye-to-eye, the author took the characters in another direction, leaving me wanting more.

Wildflowers from Winter was an amazing read! The word that keeps coming to mind is "real." Real characters. Real struggles. Real dialogue. Real romance and love. It is obvious that Katie Ganshert wrote from her heart. It came through on the pages and lasted long after.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wildflowers from Winter.

03/08/2012 page 137
43.0% "You know a book is good when you decide to order a pizza instead of putting the book down to make dinner."