Elie's Reviews > Gossip Girl

Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar

Mar 02, 12

First let me say I was thirteen when I read this book, and at such an age I had the impression to have something amazing in my hands.

Adolescence is a difficult time, full of questions, of mysteries, when you're thirteen you expect a lot from your adolescence, you want to be like all those girls - young women - you see on TV. And what's more, you want to have a great American adolescence. You see which one, don't you? The one full of balls, of friends - and boyfriends - of parties, of dramas... There are so many things you expect to get, and all - plus money - are offered in this book.

Of course everybody can't live such a life, but it doesn't hurt to dream, does it? This book - I repeat I was young and didn't know what true adolescence was like yet - made me dream.

I could flee my daily life and be an American teenage girl with its heroines.

I admit I don't even remember how many books of this series I read, not many, because though it made me dream, it soon bored me. I stopped reading it and won't come back to this series. This is a story, I think, which is better played on TV, than written in a book.

I'd recommend it to young teenage girls who want to dream - and who are not too fond of reading, because this book isn't hard to read at all. I give it three stars because it made me have some good time when I was younger.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gossip Girl.