is mee... kissa's Reviews > Ever After

Ever After by Kim Harrison

Oct 01, 12

bookshelves: to-read

argh! i'm so obsessed with this series it's not even funny!
if i can get triple the amount of Trent in this book as the previous one, I'm gonna be very happy. shove some Al in as well and a whole lotta action and I'm gonna be extremely happy.
Obviously, since the title is 'Ever After', there's gonna be a lot of Al, and I've always been a Rachel/Trent or Rachel/Al girl, but since I can't see Rachel and Al long term, although I sure as hell wouldn't mind another kiss, I'm gonna go with Trent.
so Rachel, do me a favour: hurry up and get with Trent already! After the previous book, I want Trent and Rachel to get together so much i can't even describe it!

people, newsflash: I just read that Al had a wife! where the heck did that come from?! if this isn't just rumour, then i am totally hoping we find out who it was in this book!

Ah! Hello awesome, freaky-looking cover!

***

Mass Market Paperback Teasers!
Okay, we finally have access to A Perfect Blood online! Yay! And what does this mean? Chapter 1 of Ever After is what it means!
Just go to the little Contents bar on the left, click the last teaser and read to your heart's content. Oh and it's also got Trent's POV from a scene in the previous book. =D Just sayin'.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ever After.

VampireNovelFan Woohoo!! Though from the sounds of it, there will be more demons, but not as much as we think. She said as the book progresses we get more demon interaction.

VampireNovelFan Personally, I hope this is the one where she fixes Trent's fingers and he gets his ears back! She seems to like them!

is mee... kissa yeeeeees! i like my demons.

VampireNovelFan is mee... kissa wrote: "yeeeeees! i like my demons.
haha! those ears. i like 'em too. i wonder if they're more sensitive to sensations..."

I bet you they are. They turn red and everything, lol.

is mee... kissa ;) must be fun to play with then.

VampireNovelFan is mee... kissa wrote: ";) must be fun to play with then."

Hopefully we find out very soon, lol.

is mee... kissa hell yeah! very, very soon please.
(view spoiler)

VampireNovelFan is mee... kissa wrote: "hell yeah! very, very soon please.
[spoilers removed]"

totally naughty. someone also pointed out how (view spoiler)

is mee... kissa oh yeah, i read that too. =) i was pleased with this news. i want the next book sooooo bad! why do i start reading all these awesome series when they're still being done and i have to wait for the next book every year? why?!

VampireNovelFan VampireNovelFan wrote: "is mee... kissa wrote: "hell yeah! very, very soon please.
[spoilers removed]".
totally naughty. someone also pointed out how [spoilers removed]"

yeah I know what you mean. that is why I'm waiting for the Sookie books to be completely finished before I start reading them.

is mee... kissa ah, clever one. i wouldn't have the restraint though.

VampireNovelFan is mee... kissa wrote: "ah, clever one. i wouldn't have the restraint though."

I'm sure I would feel that way had I already started the Sookie books. That's why I'm holding off, lol. Thankfully my TBR pile is as long as the Nile to keep my plenty occupied.

is mee... kissa really? well my TBR is pretty long too. =D I'm thinking it's longer than yours, but i shall see...
pah-lease. 225 books in your to-read list? beat 629.

VampireNovelFan is mee... kissa wrote: "really? well my TBR is pretty long too. =D I'm thinking it's longer than yours, but i shall see...
pah-lease. 225 books in your to-read list? beat 629."

ROFL!! Even 225 will literally take years to get through, and I'm TRYING to read 100 books just this year :P. That doesn't count the amount I plan to add throughout the year.

is mee... kissa ah yes, i remember wondering how one of my GR friends had 200 books on their to-read list. this was back in the day when i had under 50 books on my TBR list. ah, the good ol' days. never thought it'd build up to this much. don't fall victim to the adding book spree!

message 16: by VampireNovelFan (last edited Mar 06, 2012 04:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

VampireNovelFan is mee... kissa wrote: "ah yes, i remember wondering how one of my GR friends had 200 books on their to-read list. this was back in the day when i had under 50 books on my TBR list. ah, the good ol' days. never thought it..."
I try not to. Good thing I dont like young adult that much or I'd be toast. I try to not add too many books. I figure if the book is good enough I will see it again.

is mee... kissa good. keep to that. i work more along the lines of "it sounds interesting, so i might as well try it," and so the TBR adding begins.

VampireNovelFan is mee... kissa wrote: "good. keep to that. i work more along the lines of "it sounds interesting, so i might as well try it," and so the TBR adding begins."

That's totally understandable

Brandy I want to see some Rachel and Trent action. There is no way they forgot about that kiss they shared. He likes her so I'm hopeing we get to see more of a relationship start with them.

is mee... kissa we had better be getting some Trent/Rachel action! they both like each other, but i think Trent is feeling it more than Rache. I liked the emotional part between them developing in A Perfect Blood, but i want something more, shall we say, physical in this book ;). i'm not even gonna be picky about it, a kiss will do.

VampireNovelFan Kim says there's still going to be awkwardness in Book 11. How much and if this is where they'll move past it is hard to say, but the pressure is on to give us SOMEthing!

is mee... kissa awkwardness i can deal with, gimme a little incentive though.
what else has she said about this book?

VampireNovelFan Not sure. She's keeping tight lipped for now.

is mee... kissa damn. you can feel free to feed me any information you get =) ... so long as they aren't major plot spoilers.

VampireNovelFan is mee... kissa wrote: "damn. you can feel free to feed me any information you get =) ... so long as they aren't major plot spoilers."

Well for that I recommend you follow my blog because I have a whole section dedicated to The Hollows:

of course I have regular stuff too:

is mee... kissa coolios, thanks.

•Erin• (Paperback Stash) I think we'll get more Trent as before. Was reading Kim Harrisons blog the other day and comments from questions people asked her, so I think he'll be pretty steady staple in the remaining books. I love Trent but my main is Al. I know she won't write them together but that's my ultimate wish for a demented reason. The Trent scenes were awesome in Perfect blood

is mee... kissa =P don't say it's demented! didn't you read my review? i sure as hell wouldn't mind them getting together either. i still don't think Rachel will ever let that idea enter her mind unless she's going a little insane, so I'll have to go with Trent. ;) not that that's so bad either.

•Erin• (Paperback Stash) Yeah I don't think Kim would go there either but one can have naughty daydreams lol

•Erin• (Paperback Stash) Wheres the wife info? You mean a wife demon once upon a time who is now dead right? It wouldn't fit if it had been Newt!

is mee... kissa i don't know where it came from. i was just searching through the ask a question thread on Harrison's website and came across one that said she'd heard that Al had a wife. Kim didn't give any detail on it though. =S damn. plus, it's on a few threads on Goodreads.

naughty daydreams indeed ;)

•Erin• (Paperback Stash) Yeah they keep me sane until the next book comes out lol

•Erin• (Paperback Stash) I agree the cover looks great. Kim has said plenty of Trent time. Not sure how much Al time will actually be in this one, maybe not as much as we think but I hope tons. He was hardly in the last book, which was disappointing.

VampireNovelFan I doubt it will be tons of Al, but I bet it will be a good amount. As long as there's lots of Trent I'll manage. Al's just a fantastic bonus.

is mee... kissa =o Plenty of Trent time? Yay!!!!!!! This is good. This is good. I like the Trent time.
Surely there should be a lot more Al in this one right? I mean, it is called Ever After, so I'm gonna assume Rachel's gonna spend either a lot of time in the Ever After or talking to Al about the Ever After. Something like that. I like my Al time.

•Erin• (Paperback Stash) is mee... kissa wrote: "=o Plenty of Trent time? Yay!!!!!!! This is good. This is good. I like the Trent time.

You and me both!!

Valerie Yoder-specht Erin, you are not alone. I love Al something FIERCE!

•Erin• (Paperback Stash) Valerie wrote: "Erin, you are not alone. I love Al something FIERCE!"

=)) Always good to find others that feel that way. I was excited about this new book even more so when I saw the title was Ever After. I thought - yes - finally - MORE Ever After and Al.

Shawn I can't wait for this book too. I have been hoping for some more Trent and Rachel together.

is mee... kissa Definitely.

Jessika Theologus AGREED!

Andrea Glad to know I'm not the only Rach + Trent or Al. I've wanted Trent to be the one after the first book and grew to like Al more and more. Can't wait to read this book.

is mee... kissa Ha, you're most definitely not the only one. And I've been told from a reliable source that I will not be disappointed by the Trent and Al content in this novel ;). Ooh, excited!

message 44: by VampireNovelFan (last edited Dec 01, 2012 03:24PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

VampireNovelFan You're welcome :P Seriously though, it's my new series fave.

is mee... kissa Ah, hello my reliable source =).
Is it really your new favourite? Looking forward to reading it.

Tokies i dont like her with Trent or AL. i hate both of em.. nothing can change that for me. i feel like.. ivy and her.. are a better match with maybe another guy. we have had soo many guys in this series already.

•Erin• (Paperback Stash) I don't think it's been bad. Compared to other series the guy count is rather low. She's has two romantic interests in over 10 books that she's actually gotten together with, and both were over books ago.

Tokies normally.. u get with these long running series a "main" guy.. who she falls in and out of love with.. every 2 books we get a new guy.. (nick, kisten, trent, AL) it hasnt happen but there are over tones for it.. hell even over tones for ivy and jenks... mind u. if i was looking at hot ass jenks id have a few thoughts myself

is mee... kissa She's a woman very interested in the opposite sex, I'd say Harrison is just fulfilling the requirements of Rachel's character.
Who would you prefer Rachel/Ivy to end up with?

Tokies is mee... kissa wrote: "She's a woman very interested in the opposite sex, I'd say Harrison is just fulfilling the requirements of Rachel's character.
Who would you prefer Rachel/Ivy to end up with?"

im not sure but not trent.. i feel like since kisten we havent got a guy who even works.. who even comes close to working.. i love how ivy isnt as "needy" anymore.. the moment ivy kiss her without using the vamp hormones to turn her on.. and just kiss her normal.. i felt like wow.. this is a major moment.. then it was like "were over im moving on" LMAO ok well wow.. now that u finally not confused her feelings with the vamp hormones your moving on ivy lol niceee... also i read a part that said demons can't be bound?

« previous 1