Rebecca 's Reviews > A Temptation of Angels

A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink

Oct 03, 12

bookshelves: 2012, aussie-book-swap
Read on July 19, 2012

Sometimes authors can overload the reader all in one go but Michelle Zink knows exactly what she’s doing and takes her time unravelling the story; slowly easing you into the breathtaking world she has created. Although it is quite lengthy - 435 pages in total – after being bitten by the reading bug, I moved through it quickly and read it in under 24 hours. The pacing is good and keep me intrigued, wondering what was going to happen next.

I didn’t connect with Helen as much as I might have liked but she was still a good character. I especially loved how even though she was facing a whole new world which she was still adjusting to and hadn’t known long, she handled the situation well and was always brave in the face of danger.

As with the love triangle, I was neither team. I didn't have a strong pull towards any of the guys but the funny thing is, if I had to choose who my favourite was, I would choose, Darius, the non-contender.

Zink’s prose is lovely – rich, detailed and picture perfect to imagine. She certainly has a knack for writing historical fantasy, especially when it comes to angels, which you can tell she has a passion for. With its original and unique storyline, I can honestly say I’ve never read anything like this before; which with all the similar, repetitive storylines on the YA market, is a breath of fresh air!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Temptation of Angels.

07/19/2012 page 100