Jeff Yoak's Reviews > A Catskill Eagle

A Catskill Eagle by Robert B. Parker

Mar 01, 2012

bookshelves: audio-collection, read-in-2012
Read from March 15 to 16, 2012 , read count: 1

I think this is a new favorite Spenser. Susan and Hawk both end up in jeopardy and Spenser goes to new lengths to save them. The action in this story is unparalleled thus far and it moves the relationships forward considerably.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Catskill Eagle.

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Cathy DuPont I think I didn't like it as much as some others because Susan is looking like a teenager who can't make her mind up. Not a teenager, a jerk. She grated on me in this. Also, the mayhem at the end seemed out of character for Spenser and Hawk. What say you?

Jeff Yoak I find that I don't really like Susan anymore in a really major shift for me. Rather than that being a big loss, I valued seeing Spenser and Hawk in the complex situation. It feels throughout like a story that could really be the end even though it can't be.

As to the mayhem, perhaps it lacked some typical grace, but the unusual aspects of plat of situation really allowed some license.

Cathy DuPont I think you hit the nail when you said 'lacked some typical grace.' Yeh, that's probably what bothered me and I agree, it did allow some license. I just didn't like it as much some of the others, which, of course, is ok. Susan's mostly back in my good graces. Mostly.

Jeff Yoak You're a couple of books ahead of me, so I guess I'll have to wait and see. For now, Susan's character doesn't appeal to me. I understand Spenser's behavior in the matter, but not hers.

Cathy DuPont Ditto from me.