Lanie Malone's Reviews > Storm Rising

F_50x66
Mar 03, 12

bookshelves: reviewed, mystery-suspense
Read from March 01 to 03, 2012

I thought this book had a pretty strong plot and it was definitely a page turner. I read most of it without realizing how fast it was going.

Kelli Storm is a likeable, believable character whom I think many people could relate to, even though we aren't all cops. Hoss gives a decent amount of background information for most of the supporting character, just enough to let you get a feel for them without taking too much of the spotlight away from Kelli.

My only complaints, and the reason that I didn't give it five stars, was the dialogue. While some of it was really good, I felt that some of the words/ phrases were used repetitiously, particularly towards the end. The banter between characters could have been a little stronger as well.

I also felt that ending could have packed a little more punch. I really like the concept of it and the plan of attack but I thought perhaps it should have been a little more involved. Just a little bit deeper and it would have been perfect.

Over all, it was a very good read and I would certainly recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good cop/ thriller.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storm Rising.