Jenn's Reviews > The Secret Holocaust Diaries: The Untold Story of Nonna Bannister

The Secret Holocaust Diaries by Nonna Bannister

Mar 01, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read in January, 2012

This book, well, collection really, moved me to tears at some point. The horrible things Nonna witnessed as such a young child and being the only surviving member of her family are just heartbreaking. The strength she exhibited throughout her life is something we should all aspire to. I wish I could live with the strength she did.
This gives you a far better idea of the realities of the war and Hitler's determination to destroy all those he hated, saw no use for, or couldn't use to his own advantages. Sure, read Anne Frank because that's what's acceptable and toned down.
Read this to learn of the life of a woman even a collection of nations couldn't destroy her or her spirit, though they did the worst humanity is capable of to try. Her scars may not have been visible, but it doesn't mean they weren't real and they werent there. I only wish I could have known Nonna - she seems like she's truly the warrior spirit we all should be.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Holocaust Diaries.