Bree's Reviews > Sarah's Key

Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay

Oct 10, 08

bookshelves: 2008, historical-fiction, first-reads
Read in October, 2008

Wow. I don't even know what to say. This book was REALLY good...I had no idea about Vel D'Hiv, you really just don't hear about it at all.

Sarah's story got me right from the very first chapter - can't tell you much about that, but it's heartwrenching for sure.

Sarah's story was MUCH stronger than Julia's story...I found myself rushing through her parts to get back to Sarah, and when it got to the point where both worlds "collided", I didn't really care to know the rest - I just didn't like her character or her husband. I stuck it out though and it's not like Julia's portion of the story was awful or anything, it just wasn't as intriguing as Sarah's, but it wasn't a waste of time either.

Overall, an excellent book, though. Definitely recommended if you enjoy reading books about WWII (I seem to keep reading them lately - one after the other, without even meaning to).
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sarah's Key.

10/04/2008 page 38
10/09/2008 page 294
100% "Soo close to being finished, but I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer last night!"
show 1 hidden update…

Emily I saw this at Target this weekend, and knew I had to add it to Good Reads! Sounds amazing; i love reading stories with "history"

Virginia I'd never heard of Vel D'Hiv either until I read this book. You're right about Sarah's story being more compelling than Julia's. I agree 100%. And yet, it was a terrific book.