Ruthie's Reviews > Heaven and Hell

Heaven and Hell by Kristen Ashley

Mar 04, 12

bookshelves: domestic-violence, kindle, favorites, read-2012
Read from March 01 to 04, 2012

Heaven and Hell is a contender for my favorite Kristen Ashley book. I seemed to be thinking about it night and day and even had dreams about the book. I’m sure it was because of the subject matter, it was gripping.

Sam and Kia are the H/h. As with most KA’s books Sam is an alpha male and Kia needs someone to look after her. It deals with the very real problem of domestic violence. I appreciated how accurately KA portrayed not only the physical aspect of DV but the psychological affects of the problem. She covered mental and emotional DV also. So often while reading I wanted to shout at our H, Sam, you’re no better than Kia’s first husband. But I loved the dialog when Sam tells Kia “I won’t hurt you, Kia, and you &*#@ know that,” she responds “No I don’t, Sam, because you already did, you’ve all but destroyed me but you didn’t lift a hand to me to do it.”

In other ways this story was different than past KA books too; both the H and h were very scarred, hurting people and both had to come to terms with the events in their lives that brought them to that place to be able to move on. Thank you KA for a wonderful story about an awful subject. While dealing with it honestly you gave us what we have come to love about your books, a wonderful romance with characters we grow to know and love.

(If you wanted to make it into a series it would be fun to read Luci and Hap’s story… I’m just saying…)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heaven and Hell.