L12aliciacarrera's Reviews > Conversations with J.K. Rowling

Conversations with J.K. Rowling by Lindsey Fraser

Mar 01, 12

bookshelves: info-bios

This biography was meant to be read as if you were having a conversation with J.K. Rowling. Instead, it felt more like a very brief introduction to her. I was interested in finding more about the author that created Harry Potter, but I was disappointed when I didn't learn much more about her than what I already knew. There were very few facts that weren't already very well known about her. There was a total of 96 pages in this book, and the majority of it was a quick overview of the Harry Potter series. The few pages that were dedicated to her acutal life were somewhat interesting.

I would recommend this book for second-fourth grades. It is brief and it has large print which makes it appropriate for these grade levels. This book works if you are in need of some quick information about this author, but it doesn't have a whole lot of information on J.K. Rowling.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Conversations with J.K. Rowling.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by L12_sarah (new)

L12_sarah Alicia,

I remember reading this book in high school, when I was first introduced to the Harry Potter series. Since she was still writing the books at that point, I got very antsy waiting for the next installment and tried to make the time go faster by reading anything and everything about her or the books that I could get my hands on. I remember being similarly disappointed in this book. I think it was something that, quite honestly, was written and published really quickly so that Scholastic could capitalize on other eager fans like me. I wonder if any better biographies for kids have been written on J.K. Rowling now that the series is over. Hopefully someone took the time to do their research and produce a better quality biography!

message 2: by L12 _Lisa (new)

L12 _Lisa And this is why we write reviews! I have 3 Harry Potter obsessed daughters and this was on my list to buy for my youngest daughters birthday. Thank you for the frank review it is now off my list. By the way have you heard that JK Rowling is writing new book for adults!

message 3: by L12_danielle (new)

L12_danielle This book has been in my classroom library for at least 5 years and I've only seen it in a child's hands once or twice. Guess it makes sense since it really isn't that well written!