Christa's Reviews > Jane and the Sneaky Dom

Jane and the Sneaky Dom by Hannah Murray

Aug 08, 08

bookshelves: booksfree-com
Read in August, 2008

This book was about a sweet and hot romance. The hero and heroine were both very likeable characters, and I enjoyed the way their relationship developed. The book had plenty of humor, and was fun to read.

Jane Denning has worked very hard to become a successful owner of a bookstore. She is very pleased with her professional life, but less so with her personal one. She has been disappointed with her last romantic relationships, and doesn't understand why she is suddenly finding her intimate encounters to be so boring. During a discussion with her best friend, Lacey, over Jane's less than satisfactory love life, Jane realizes that she wants a man who will control her in bed. As the two discuss a plan for Jane to go to a blues club to meet men, they are unaware that they are being overheard by an attractive alpha male who is intrigued by the idea of this appealing woman submitting to him in bed. Ian MacInnes, former military intelligence, now private security consultant, ventures to the club that he overheard Jane mentioning for the opportunity to be the man to whom she relinquishes control. Ian approaches Jane for a dance in the club, and she is immediately drawn to him. After the two share an incredibly arousing dance, Ian and Jane continue on to her house where they spend a steamy night together. Jane is excited by submitting to Ian, especially when she realizes that he only wants her pleasure and will not do anything to hurt her. Ian quickly realizes that he wants his time with Jane to be more than the short fling she expects, so he convinces her to agree to spend thirty days as his submissive lover. Ian uses the time to romance Jane in and out of the bedroom, knowing that he must win the love of this woman of his dreams.

I enjoyed reading a book in which the strong alpha male hero so quickly realizes that he loves the heroine. Even though Ian expects Jane to submit to him in the bedroom, he is more concerned with her comfort and pleasure than his own. Jane and Ian enjoy all of the time they spend with each other, and they have fun together, which makes this book a delight to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jane and the Sneaky Dom.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Marion Yes Christa, Ian was a sweetheart.

Auntee Loved this one as well, Christa. You'll love the next one, "The Devil & Ms. Johnson"!:)

Christa I am anxious to read The Devil & Ms. Johnson. I will order it from Amazon soon. I was able to get Jane and the Sneaky Dom from booksfree (a netflix like book rental), but they don't have the other one or I would have requested them at the same time.

message 4: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Christa-you have booksfree too? I love it. It saves me soooo much money with this awful reading habit of mine. And I think they have a pretty good selection too. Although they are a little slim on erotica.

Christa Jen, I love booksfree also. I average reading a book per day so they definitely save me some money. It seems to me that booksfree has been getting a little bit more erotica lately. When I used to check for a title of that type I'd seldom find it, but now it seems like they have most of the ones I want to read - but unfortunately not the Devil & Ms. Johnson.