Addie R.'s Reviews > Stealing Parker

Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally

Aug 21, 12

bookshelves: arc, around-the-world-tour, 2012-standalone-challenge, came-out-2012, contemporary, read-in-2012, swoon
Read from August 18 to 19, 2012

Originally posted: http://addie-bookwormrecommendations....

Before I start this review, let me just say that I haven’t read Catching Jordan so Stealing Parker was my first Miranda Kenneally book. I’m not sure if that would’ve somehow affected my reading experience or not, but I just wanted to let you all know since I’m sure most of you have already read Catching Jordan. From all of the glowing reviews of Catching Jordan and amazing things said about Miranda Kenneally, I had really high hopes for this book, and it did sort of disappoint me. It wasn’t horrible and I still enjoyed it, but I just expected it to be better.

What I really loved about Stealing Parker were its characters, well mostly just Parker. She was just such a flawed and fleshed out character that had more to her than what met the eye. The rest of the characters I honestly can’t say the same. There were so many names that I did sometimes get confuse as to who’s who, and they just weren’t distinct enough for me to put a name to a face. Other than those characters, I actually really liked Parker’s two love-interests. Brian and Will, or Corndog, were just as flawed and realistic as Parker and I really liked the romance between both. Parker clicked and connected with both boys and I and I found myself having trouble with who to root for.

While the plot to Stealing Parker was a bit predictable, it wasn’t overly so and still made the read enjoyable. This wasn’t just a book about Parker falling for an older guy, but much more. Parker deals with issues that I think lots of teens could relate to, because I sure did find myself relating to some. Although, there were sometimes, more towards the end, where I think Kenneally just made problems just for the hell of it and just ended up making things too angsty for my tastes. While that did annoy me, Miranda does really write beautifully and I can now see why everyone loves her as a writer so much. I definitely will be reading her other two books.

Overall, while Stealing Parker wasn’t amazing or anything, I still enjoyed it. It was a very quick, fast read and while it could be a little easily forgettable, it was still worth the time to read. I loved all of Parker’s problems coming to an end and seeing her grow at the end. And Miranda sure does know how to make her readers swoon with the romance. There is a lot of talk of religion, but was not preachy at all and really added more to Parker’s character. And while I’m not much of a sports person, I loved it being evolved into the story and loved how baseball made Parker happy. I recommend to anyone wanting a cute, quick and easy read.

I did receive Stealing Parker for free, but that doesn’t affect my opinion of the story.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stealing Parker.

08/19/2012 page 30
08/19/2012 page 156
64.0% "Miranda Kenneally sure knows how to make you swoon. ^__^"