Savannah (Books With Bite)'s Reviews > Breathe

Breathe by Sarah Crossan

Sep 15, 12

Read in September, 2012

I absolutely loved this book! Take a moment and think about this. How many times do you breathe a day? What if air was so depleted, that you had to buy air to do stuff? Like you had to buy air to dance, to take a stroll in a park, or even buy air just so you can play a sport. This conception of this story amazes me! After thinking about what I would do, if I was down to the thinnest air I can have just to survive, there is really nothing to live for. As you can tell from the description of the book, the plot of the best part. It hooks the reader right away, leaving them breathless.

The characters of the book, all three of them is awesome to see. You see every class. The premium, the middle class and the lower class. To put yourself in their shoes for a short amount of time, to see the way they live is crazy. At times, I just couldn't believe how easily it was to slip into the world. The politics, the enormity of the truth just beckoning at the door, you will read faster just to get to the end.

Their is a love interest that I adored. It's one of those, right under your nose love interest. At this point of the story, the author makes a wise choice is keeping the love interest close yet far away. I liked the chase that is given, plus it just to the tension. And of course once the find each other, it FIREWORKS!

Breathe is mind-blowing dystopian story! The extravagant plot along with well developed characters, the reader is swept off their feet. Breathe makes for a compelling read from start to finish. Towards the end of the story, the reader is ravished with truths that certainly make you beg for more. Breathe is delectable masterpiece.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breathe.

09/12/2012 page 79