Savannah (Books With Bite)'s Reviews > The Crown of Embers

The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson

Aug 19, 12

Read in August, 2012

Since the first book, I could not wait to read this one. The Girl of Fire and Thorns thrusted me into a world of royalty and war. And this one, left me feeling the exact that same the first book did. One word. More.

I really enjoyed just slipping right back into this world. Ms. Carson does it again, but creating a fabulous world full of life, treachery, and greed. I loved how easy it was for me to fall right back into Elisa shoes. It was as if I had never left. The plot once again, is full of blood and war. Elisa is on the run and this time she has an enemy on the inside.

The characters of the book have grown much. Elisa is not some princess. Though she has lost much she has gained much in knowledge, strength, and trust. Elisa can kick-butt and ask questions later. Her sarcasm never fails to make me laugh. Her seriousness never fails to take me by surprise. I know her. The feel of her emotions and her honor of what she needs to do always comes first.

The love interest did fall into what I expected and more. Elisa has done everything for everybody else. She sacrifice who she loves as always puts herself last. It's about damn time that someone put her first for once! I loved watching Elisa smile and be carefree.

The Crown Of Embers is a great sequel. Filled with more action and love, I fell for this book. Carson is talented writer that can grab any reader. Stellar and dark, The Crown Of Embers is awesome.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Crown of Embers.

08/14/2012 page 55