Sheetal's Reviews > Salem Falls

Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult

Mar 10, 12

Read from March 01 to 10, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Having read many of Picoults other books and liking most of them, I think this one fell a bit short for me. The main characters were well fleshed out but others (the minor ones) who clearly had big roles to play weren't as well done, and I think for me that is the most important aspect of a good book.

I like that her topics are controversial and they always make you think, but in this book there were a lot of inconsistencies that I simply could not put up with. Her timeline was messed up somehow.

Also I figured out the plot as well as the bad guy early on in the book, but carried on reading, wanting to see how she would deal with the aftermath and how the characters would react.

Rape is a very difficult thing to deal with, and seeing it first hand people do not realise the impact it has on lives. Gilly has no idea what she's getting into and yes maybe she was a manipulating little twit who I wanted to kill the second I read about her, but we have to remember what she herself is going how there really is no escape for her.

Needless to say - I was more than disappointed with the ending.

Hopefully the next Picoult book I read will be a lot better than this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Salem Falls.

03/01/2012 page 195