Jo (My House of Books)'s Reviews > Karma

Karma by Carly Phillips

Jul 19, 13

Read from May 23 to June 07, 2012

Karma is the third and final book in the Serendipity trilogy featuring the Barron brothers. Through the two previous books, Serendipity and Destiny, we've learned that Dare has struggled growing up without his older brothers. We finally learn what happened that has haunted Dare and also determined the path his adult life would take.

Liza McKnight has been the object of Dare's affections since they were both in high school, but because of the night Stuart Rossman died and who Liza's brother is, Dare has a hard time reconciling his feelings for her. Liza doesn't want to be her brother Brian's enabler, yet she's taken over the responsibility from their parents and consistently bails Brian out of jail or trouble in general when she's able.

Both Dare and Liza have chips on their respective shoulders -- for different reasons, of course -- though that does nothing to stop their chemistry once they finally give in to temptation.

Karma wasn't my favorite book of the trilogy, but I have enjoyed getting to know each of the Barron brothers separately and collectively throughout this series.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Karma.

05/23/2012 page 28