Angela's Reviews > All's Fair in Vanity's War

All's Fair in Vanity's War by Elizabeth Marx

7205140
Mar 05, 12

Read from March 01 to 05, 2012

Kindle Edition via Smashwords (free from author in a giveaway)

What to say about this book…I can’t say as I hated it, but I can’t say as I loved it either. I found it a bit hard to follow at times. I understood the baseline of what was going on, but I found myself lost in the details. The prologue was supposed to get me to how the Seer became the Seer, and it did. Then it jumps into the main story. The concept of the book was very good. It had action, adventure, paranormal/mythology, and a bit of romance. The book kept right on going, there was none of those weird lulls some books have, which was great. I can’t say, though, that I left the book feeling at all like I understood what just happened. Meaning, it left me with way more questions than conclusions. Now I realize this is a book one in a series, but I like a bit more of a closure, even if there are going to be other books.

This book was not a bad book, this is not my views here. I enjoyed the plot, the characters, the paranormal/mythology, and the concept of it. I can’t imagine being a Seer that has to watch over and protect a girl that is “taking your place” with your boyfriend you had when you were alive. What a dilemma! I don’t know that I would be able to do it that’s for sure. Keleigh, is the girl that is being watched over by the Seer. Keleigh knows magic exists and knows that her Mother had abilities in magic. What Keleigh also knows is that her Mother told her to never use magic and never taught her how to control her own abilities she developed as a child. When her parents are killed and Keleigh goes to live with Locke (the Seer’s boyfriend when she was alive) she is made to see what she is and what she is capable of with her magic. Locke and his family are also ExtraOrdinary (magic folk). When bad things start to happen Keleigh is forced to look more closely at what she really is and that she needs to learn more about her abilities and magic. She struggles with this due to her Mother always telling her not to. There is a bottle that is very important to the ExtraOrdinary people that is in peril. Keleigh and Locke are the ones that are to protect the bottle, only problem is that they have no idea where it is. Together they learn about the powers of Keleigh, what the bottle hold, why the bottle is so important, who is after the bottle, and how to go from hating each other to maybe even loving each other. Will they find the bottle though before someone else does and it’s power is in the wrong hands?

Would I recommend this book to others? I would, just because I didn’t like it, doesn’t me you won’t. It was a good story, just not for me.

3/5 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All's Fair in Vanity's War.