melissa1lbr's Reviews > The Traitor in the Tunnel

The Traitor in the Tunnel by Y.S. Lee

May 10, 2012

bookshelves: arcs, collection, e-book, review-copy, young-adult
Read from March 01 to April 05, 2012

Things I Liked:
I still love this series. There's something so fascinating about a Victorian mystery starring a woman who works for a secret agency employing only women agents. Mary continues to entertain with her headstrong, dangerous ways and cleverness. I just love watching the way she interacts with people in the time period, because she's different from what you'd expect of a woman, especially one who is half Chinese, in that era. The historical details are very well done, compelling and believable and they bring you 100% into the story. Oh, and James - wow I loved their interactions! Some really good romance there. It was interesting, it was compelling, it's just smart historical fiction with a unique heroine. I'd like more Mary adventures, especially with the way the Agency is going now.

Things I Didn't Like:
The mystery and story itself didn't seem to hold together as well as the other books did. There were a few too many different story lines going on and I kind of lost interest at times. Still, I think this is a series worth reading and following. I'm especially interested to see where Mary goes next, what with that surprising ending.
Full review at One Librarian's Book Reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Traitor in the Tunnel.