Amanda's Reviews > The Walking Dead, Book Seven

The Walking Dead, Book Seven by Robert Kirkman

Mar 06, 2012

bookshelves: graphic-novel, series, post-apocalyptic, zombies, favorite-fiction
Read on March 01, 2012

The people at the settlement quickly discover that the new group headed by Rick has a lot more knowledge, experience, and ability with the zombies than they themselves do. But they also snap easily. Is their twitchiness warranted or not?

I was pleasantly surprised by the direction this entry in the series went. I was fully expecting the Rick group to be totally violent and messed up and expelled from the settlement. Instead we see that they can sometimes over-react, but still have their humanity intact and actually have a smart level of caution. This allows for the story within the settlement to continue on, further taking us in a fresh direction. I am unhappy with the direction the Glenn/Maggie relationship has taken, however. What everyone is hoping for, of course, is an excellent zombie scene, and this entry delivers. We have people crossing on a rope over a zombie hoard, the hoard invading the camp, and an epic fight off the zombies scene. These all have the excellent artwork we've come to expect.

Overall, this is a great entry in the series that takes the story on an unexpected twist plus has pages and pages of zombies for fans to drool over.

Check out my full review. (Link will be live on March 7, 2012).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Walking Dead, Book Seven.