Whitney Oaks's Reviews > Into the Free

Into the Free by Julie Cantrell

5451918
Mar 04, 12

Read from March 01 to 04, 2012

I really liked this book. The characters were easily believable and the setting was one of my favorites- the South. I loved the author's writing style and even though I wanted Millie to run away with the Gypsy people and stay with River forever, I was glad, in the end that she didn't. River was just a puppy love, of sorts. She was longing for attention from her Mother and Father and since she obviously wasn't getting it at home anymore after Sloth died, she turned to the Gypsy boy, River. Even I could imagine how handsome he was and a great way to spend the spring. But, it's hard to love a traveling man. {or boy, as it were} I hate that Millie's parents died so horribly and close together, but moving away from such an abusive and neglectful environment was probably the best thing for her.
I was really happy for her when the nurse took her in, but from the time we were introduced to the husband, I was wary of him.
I really wish the ending had let us know what happened bewteen Millie and Bump, but overall this was a great read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Free.

Candy Did you know the sequel to this book is due to arrive on a shelf near year next spring? We will learn more about Millie and Bump then--can't wait! ;-)

Whitney Oaks Awesome! Thanks for letting me know!